Monday, August 11, 2008

The Olympics So Far

Everybody's going to be talking about badminton in a bit, so let me weigh in with the sports that I'm watching alone.


Choi Min-Ho is GOD. I am in awe of the Judo he plays. The above throw is a te-guruma, or hand wheel, and he managed to pull it off even though Ludwig was sprawled forward. My jaw dropped open throughout the entire thing.


Oh, and it turns out Bill Gates likes Badminton. Cute pants. Hehehe.


Masato Uchishiba won the 66kg class last night, apparently by landing on the Frenchmen's head, and then choking him. Poor Darbelet tapped out. A great bunch of the Thomian judokas were talking about it this morning, and I wondered aloud how the poor guy felt winning like that.

Tonight's match (74 kg) was won with a 13 second morote-gari (double handed reap). Both Elnur Mammadli and Wang Ki-chun are 19.



Sweet. =)

4 comments:

Sam said...

Chicken Catching
Yeah mmhmm. The only part I understood was when the guy cried.
So cute.

Andrew said...

I still don't get whats the fun part of judo. All I see is people trying to avoid grabs then eventually getting out from the ring and there goes the ref trying to keep everything normal. =(

Eli James said...

@Sam: cute. Hehe.

@Andrew: maybe ... you can really only appreciate a sport when you understand it. And it's not easy to understand Judo. Unlike badminton or football or basketball, that is.

Anonymous said...

Really its wonderful post! Also, all the video slides are in your post are damn interesting.Thanks for update.


association