Thursday, February 08, 2007

10th UGS Gathering

Since no one else has seemed to really blogged about it, I guess it’s up to me to write about UGS’s most recent gathering. The 10th gathering was held mainly to celebrate Kenny’s coming of age. Yeap, he’s finally 18.

Anyway, we decided to celebrate it a day early, on the 3rd of February, since most people couldn’t make it if it was on the 4th. I thought we all agreed to go earlier at 11.15am at Coffee Bean to make the preparations before Kenny arrived at 12pm. So you can imagine my surprise when I arrived at 11.20am and not a single person was there yet. So, to justify my waiting there, I had to fork out RM12 for one ice-blended coffee, there goes my money… Anyway, finally they did arrive, almost half an hour after the appointed time. For a moment there, I was worried that it would only be me and Kenny awkwardly waiting there you know.

When the UGSers did arrive, there was a flurry of activity as we tried to finish the preparations of our gifts and get everyone to sign them.



I have no idea whether guys would appreciate something sentimental like this, it’s a photo album and we put in some photos of previous UGS gatherings and activities. I like that the casing is in hard cover and that on every page there’s space for captions. We sure did crack our brains trying to think what to write.


Here’s the birthday cake! As they say, there’s a story behind every photo. We couldn’t manage to light the candles since Coffee Bean is a non-smoking zone, wouldn’t want to risk setting off the fire sensors. Didn’t realise it until after we put the candles in the cake though. So, we had to resort to this…


Kenny “blowing” the candles removed from the cake. Haha. Then, the unthinkable happened, Cedric absent mindedly placed back a candle into the cake, forgetting that he had licked the cream off one of them earlier on. Oopsie! Thus, he managed to secure himself a hefty slice of cake which had been contaminated by himself.


After all the commotion of cutting the cake and consuming it, someone brilliantly came up with the idea of playing the “Honey, I love you, would you marry me?” game. Well, the game goes like this, you say “I love you, would you marry me?” to a person of the opposite sex and if the person smiles or laughs, then he/she loses and has to continue the game with someone else. Quite embarassing playing this game in public, thank goodness the place had cleared by that time. But no doubt very funny. Well, somehow I ended up being the first victim and of course lost. Everyone was victimised at least once, except for the birthday boy, who somehow got away. The eventual winner was Paul, who managed to remain stoic looking and did not even show a hint of a smile when “proposed” to.

All too soon, it was time for the other girls to leave as they had Girls Brigade meeting to attend. Here’s a group photo we took just before everyone left…


11 comments:

Andrew said...

oohhoo.. so dats hw

Sam said...

Hahaha. So brief!!! :P

You didn't mention....people chasing the bd boy away?

wandkey said...

Hey, this post is quite lengthy by Wandkey's standards okay? Since when have I ever been known to write long posts?

And so, if there are a few details I missed out on, you can always fill it in.

Eli James said...

You mean i've to blog again? Twice after your high quality one? Aish. Okay, okay, i'll get down to it.

>.>

Anonymous said...

i was not invited, i quit

wandkey said...

endru, I told Cedric to invite you ler. Guess he did not. Bad bad Cedric.
Don't quit yea, endru?

Eli James said...

Hoiyorr. I assumed Andrew don't want to go since he don't know Kenny. That's why i also didn't ask Joshua.

:'(

kVys2o0o said...

... andrew doesnt noe me? -_-"

Ced, I thought we were among the first to meet Andrew?

Eli James said...

Andrew Ho wrooor! You know him, from debate, but i tot he doesn't know you!

Me and Joshua met him at CF camp, so i'm pretty sure he knows both of us. But i'm not sure whether he knows you or not....

:S Nevermind. He's definitely part of the badminton gathering happening next!

kVys2o0o said...

oh haha... for a moment, I thought Andrew Leong haha

Aquavires said...

Ignore the comments about your post's briefness, Wen Qi. I needed it to fill in a few gaps from Cedric's post! ^_^