Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Get the picture?


Do you see just a pile of tomatoes?

Do you see a flawed photo, colours that are not outstanding, bad lighting, bad composition?

Do you see something that makes you hungry?

Do you see a tomato that’s different among others?

Do you see what I see?

One photo, so many different possible opinions. A photo may invoke feelings in you, draw thoughts from the depths of your mind, or just be outright ignored. But when it comes down to it, it’s just a photo. It’s just whatever you make of it. Rather like life isn’t it?

On another note, another photo that would look more familiar…

Now what do you see?

Just a big group of people you do not know? Friends? A rather happy looking crowd of people? Absence of people that should be there? People you are surprised to see in the photo? Forced smiles? Good times? Cliques? Just memories?

This is the photo that represents Undergroundsquare for what it rather is like these days. I will leave you to think what you make of it.

3 comments:

Eli James said...

Damn, Wen Qi. You got me thinking here.

Eli James said...

I see happy people. I see hidden tensions. I see a forum gathering together in the real world. I see gifts. I see christmas. I see laughter. I see groups within groups. I see conversation. I see music. I see conversations behind conversations. Food.

I can't think anymore.

Anonymous said...

Got you thinking eh? Haha. Gooood...

What you see is still pretty positive...