Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Notice

We do not encourage personal attacks in blog posts. It reeks of immaturity.

I have set the post on Tay to private, for the following reasons:

1, Tay had nothing to do with the comments, and there is no concrete evidence against him.

2, Said post was a personal attack, and it is akin in the blogosphere to a calling out. (back in the day of knights and kings calling out means a duel to the death).

3, Any personal problems should be settled personally, not through public attacks.

4, It does not provoke quality thought, opinion, or intelligent discourse.

Freedom of speech is cool, but only with mature reasoning behind it. The annonymity of the web does not excuse public flogging.

Thank you for reading BUGS. I take full responsibility for the said post, and I will take harder action the next time this happens.


Yours truly,
Eli James

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

my jokes are your attacks

Eli James said...

My attacks usually involve breaking bones, so sorry, I have to disagree.

But anyway, Andrew, don't attack Tay. Whoever did those cbox comments was making use of the annonymity of the web, and there's nothing we can do against that. I can delete those cbox entries, if you wish.

Eli James said...

Ahh. I see your requests to take them down. That is the proper course of action to take, rather than a public flogging.

I will do so immediately.

Anonymous said...

why tek down the farnie post?