Sunday, August 26, 2007

UGS Gathering August 23rd 2007

Looks like the BUGGERs are leaving the honours of blogging about the latest gathering to me. Firstly, thanks to the organiser Cedric and host Tay, without the two of them this gathering wouldn't have happened. And hey, you two do make a good team. :-P And of course, thanks to all the UGSers who helped made the gathering a success. I’m really so touched by all the effort put into this.

Since the gathering was held the evening that I just arrived from KL on a trip with my family, and Air Asia delayed the flight for almost an hour due to bad weather, needless to say, I was late. By the time I was there, it seemed that most of the eating had been done and they were just about finishing up. Daniel and Nicole were busy at the barbeque pit, even creating creations like marshmallow chicken, which really tastes better than it sounds, or looks. How dare Cedric say they looked like burnt condoms on chicken just as I was about to eat it. Haha. Roasted marshmallows taste really good by the way. Thanks to Kenny for buying the marshmallows all the way from KL, though I was just kidding when I suggested it, I didn’t think he would really do it.

Kids will be kids I guess, in this case big kids. And when kids eat, things are bound to get messy, right? We’re talking about spilled drinks, shrieks, insects falling into food, soft drink bottles shaked and conning people into opening them, spraying water at people while cleaning up. But it was sure funny to watch.

While some of the people still mucked about outside, some people suddenly caught the hardworking bug. Like this fellow BUGGER...

Attempting to do chemistry during a UGS gathering?!

Doing work on the computer during gathering?! Nah, in their case, they were just surfing the Internet.

When everything was kinda cleaned up, we proceeded to the living room to watch the video “Tai Lou” Kenny had made with his college mates.

Observe seating plan, intriguing.

After that, everything was kinda in a blur for me. Perhaps lack of sleep was getting to me. I remember Vivian and Sam scurrying into a room most suspiciously. I remember apple pie cutting, which ended up in Ced, Vivian and Nicole being locked into the kitchen area, and out of the house. I remember Kenny showing me and Angeline his before going to KL and after photos on his laptop, how different he looked back then. I remember Andrew complaining about people from school. I remember Sam serving the apple pie she made, which was really nice. I remember Kenny saying Nicole’s home-made brownies looked like earthquake, *They do not! And they taste good!* And then, there was Tay who put in the DVD for that horror movie SAW and skipping to the gory parts, thank goodness Cedric put an end to that.

Then suddenly out of nowhere, Sam pops up beside me, and an ominous feeling overcame me. Hehe. I knew something was up, rightly so. Moments later, when Sam had everybody’s attention, she popped the question. “What size bikini do you wear?”Like what?! I sure was slow that day, didn’t know how to answer such a question, quite taken aback too. Out of nowhere, a black MANGO bag appeared.

“Uhoh...”I thought. Finally, after teasing me enough, they handed me the bag, and I reached into it to reveal a....

YEP, that’s the bikini in the photo on the right. Daniel thought the same way as I did and suggested maybe it was those kinds of clothes that you soaked in water and it expanded. Haha. Okay, so it’s actually just a scented decorative item.

I also got a book from I think, the guys, Cedric, Paul, Tay. The biscuits, I’m taking a wild guess, is from Kenny? And the Micro SD card is from Andrew, Ben and Dwen. The bikini and lollipop are probably from the girls, Sam, Vivian and Nicole. Thank you all!

The note in the book, Aaawww...

Signatures of the UGSers who went for the gathering, also in the book

Signature of Ced and Tay side by side, so sweet.

Finally, the time came for the gathering to end. Just before I left, went to thank Ced and Tay for making the gathering happen. After Cedric hugged, he asked “Will we ever see you again?” To which I answered, “CHOI CHOI CHOI!” Which means touch wood. Ah, nothing can really keep me away from the Internet for long, and as long as I can get online, I will not be apart from UGS and UGSers. Thanks so much for everything. You will still be hearing from me, don’t worry, I will still blog whenever I can.

For those who are wondering, I’m leaving Kuching on 12th of September. So, don’t say goodbye too early, I’m still in Kuching la, for now.

Kenny just blogged about this gathering to at his blog.

7 comments:

Andrew said...

celaka. thought its next week. up for secret then. must ah.

Tze Lun said...

Urh.. I can't be there for a farewell party (which would be kinda strange for me) so maybe I'll be here for a welcome party?

Eli James said...

Wen, Tay and I weren't the only organizers. The first person I contacted was Sam, who suggested my house. Then, Tay's house popped up.

Kenny helped us later with the details of the BBQ.

So.

God bless, Wen!

little girl said...

Ahahahaz... Expandable bikinis!

Zhang BeiHai said...

Erm, book not from Paul.

wandkey said...

kubuk: Must arh? See first kay..

Dienasty: Well, I wouldn't know who was behind everything, would I? You refused to let me know. Haha. Well, I did thank everybody.

Regina: Now that would save space when packing for holiday! Just bring it to wherever you want, dip into water and voila, full sized bikini!

Convenant: Ok, but thanks anyway.

Sam said...

The lolipop, biscuits and bikini were from Vivian and I but we're not telling you where we got them.

;)

Come back soon. Or rather, Let's follow you over!