Saturday, March 31, 2007

Choices


Have you ever reached a point in your life, no matter how long you've lived it, where you face two paths and are just unable to choose one?

The time where it feels both are equally horrendous or equally promising. And choosing one would mean sacrificing the other. No level, time nor opportunity for a compromise.
Or even worse, a time where you don't even know if there is any choice for you choose.

A point where you can't even see the path ahead of you and it feels like you've come to a complete dead-time-to-go-bye-bye-end.
Clear cut choices seem to never materialize. Maybe it's because we never notice it when they do. Only when they don't.

People who are going through this time of insecurity and confusion normally change in many ways. For the better or for the worse. It's doubtful they have any control over it. If they did, who'd change for the worse? But those who do, no matter how unwillingly, always get judged. Criticized. It's as if it's not bad enough they're feeling unhappy with who they've become, but the people whom they were leaning on for strength suddenly turn around and start bringing them further down.


Demoralization is the word that comes to mind. And changes cause a lot of that to happen.


So, why am I being so...serious all of a sudden?


Because I don't want to end up like this.


And because it's been a tiring week.

(Photos taken from my DA account)

I was here thinking about what may or may not happen soon if not sooner.

8 comments:

Eli James said...

I get that a lot of the time, especially with making a choice for college. Kenny started giving me a lecture over at my blog, just the other day. Made me think.

Melancholy. Tends to spread contagiously sometimes, doesn't it?

Sam said...

A lot of things make us think. Yesh yesh~ It's seasonal.

Tis the season.

Tze Lun said...

Life... can give you everything and at the same time take away everything.

I'm leaning more towards the take away everything part.

Sam said...

It's more of...you can find everything in life...or lose everything isn't it?

Life itself isn't an entity...more like time. A word we use to represent everything it means.

Tze Lun said...

Yeah you're right... I used the word in a wrong context but the meaning is roughly there.

Demoralised, I am too.

wandkey said...

You all are a bunch of pessimists, aren't you? Haha.

Sam, you're going to be alright, whatever it is that you're going through, because you were rather vague but what it is exactly. We believe in you, kuai shun!

Eli James said...

At the very least - you'd not end up any way close to that poor birdie.

Sam said...

-Tze Lun
I didn't say I was!

-Wen Qi
And I didn't say I was going through anything either

-Cedric
I hope not!

I think I better cut down on...melancholic/emo posts. They seem to make everybody think I'm depressed.

I'm Sam! Sam NEVER gets depressed (coughcough)