Sunday, April 01, 2007

Dino Trek; PC Fair..

I was in the car the other day when I realised that banners were placed along lamp posts. Apparently, the Dino Trek exhibition is coming to Kuching. I remember a while back I posted about going to the Dino Trek exhibition organised by Petronas at Miri’s Petroleum Museum in my personal blog.

Well, if the exhibition here would be like the one at Miri, it’s going to be great for the kids, and the young at heart perhaps. There is an entry fee, which might seem quite steep to Kuchingnites. However, it has to be taken into consideration that the exhibits have to be shipped all the way from Kuala Lumpur, assembled here, and these exhibits range from information displays about dinosaurs to even robotic dinosaurs.


The view from the top of a section of the exhibit at Miri.


A robotic T-Rex that looks and sounds pretty scary.


A… I forgot the name of it. Triceratops? Haha. There were controls so that you could make parts of it move.



On another note, the PIKOM PC Fair would be on in Kuching next weekend, from 6th to 8th at the multi-storey car park place at Jalan Bukit Mata Kuching. I did not get to go there last year, but since my friends asked me if I would like to join them this year I think I just might go. Wondering what should I get.. Headset would be nice.. Preparing for future Skyping sessions when I go off to university? Sigh.

4 comments:

Sam said...

I was wondering what it was about.

Is it over?

wandkey said...

The Dino Trek exhibit? It has not even started yet.

Starting on 4th April. It'll be in Kuching till 31st December.

Eli James said...

Dino Trek? Not particularly interested. Loved the PetroSains store in KLCC better. The exhibitions there were way cool. ^.^

wandkey said...

Yea duh, of course the PetroSains one is way better. This is probably, a very downscaled version.