Sunday, April 15, 2007

Cats Expo in Cat City

On Saturday, went out with a friend of mine around town, exploring some of the city’s tourist areas such as Main Bazaar, India Street, Waterfront, the old Courthouse. But more about that on my personal blog another time. Well, as we were walking along the Waterfront, we noticed that there was a crowd around the Square Tower, with white canopies set up. Later on we discovered that there was a Fish and Pets Expo on, the name doesn’t sound very catchy and the whole thing wasn’t much to see yet, but I still went to have a look out of curiousity.

Inside a huge, air-conditioned canopy was where the cats were housed in cages. Most of them looking listless as they lay in their cages as people poked, pet and prodded at them. And all the while they were people snapping away photos of them. Poor creatures.

I must confess, I’m not a cat lover at all. In fact, I used to have quite a phobia towards them during my childhood. Thankfully I didn’t find the whole thing frightening in any way, probably due to the subdued nature of most of the cats there. Although there was one big, fat black cat that kind of creeped me out with its stare.

There was even one cat that particularly made me laugh, it was pawing at its neighbour, trying to illicit some attention or perhaps get him to play. However, the neighbour did not even bat an eye and continued its afternoon siesta. Photo as shown below.



And here’s another cat that looks pretty menacing. I’d be pretty terrified if it were let free.


As I said, there really was a crowd at the place, Kuching people really don’t have much places to go I guess.

Well, the fish part of the expo wasn’t much to see at that time, perhaps they were not done setting up. We only saw tanks filled with miniscule fish. Look at the photo and you’ll know what I mean. The fish were tiny!

Anyway, further along the Waterfront, we spotted more cats. This time of a different variety…

6 comments:

kVys2o0o said...

owh... I miss cats, I love cats... haih..

Eh wait, I mean I miss KUCHING! I love KUCHING.. I want go back to KUCHING BADLY! SOB SOB!~ haih...

hahaha

wandkey said...

The next long weekend you get, just hop on an Air Asia plane and get back lar.

But perhaps when you are in Kuching then you might say, "oh I miss KL! I love KL!" when you get bored with life here. Haha.

Eli James said...

Wow. You sure know how to jalan jalan makan angin, don't you? ;P BUGS is getting more and more educational ... visit Malaysia 2007!

Bravo, wen!

wandkey said...

We as Malaysians should do a part to promote tourism mah. Haha. I wonder if I should blog about my whole tourist adventure in Kuching here. Okay, not that much of a adventure, but just taking in the sights from a new light.

Eli James said...

Do it do it do it. Then you'll beat me in post counts. ;P

wandkey said...

Almost half of the posts here this month are by me. Hmm.. good enough progress I hope. Haha.