Thursday, April 12, 2007

Kuching Makan Places Episode 2: Frappe

Just want to introduce a place that I had drinks at after going to the PC fair last Friday. It’s called Frappe which is located at the Travillion, an area which all young and hip Kuchingnites should be familiar with. Anyway, the place is called Frappe after the name of the drink that it primarily serves, which are.. Frappes. A kind of ice blended concoction that is flavoured with different shots of flavourings and is almost like a milk shake. Gee, I’m not very good at explaining food and drinks.

Well, there are many kinds of Frappes there, Chocolate, Peach, Coffee, Strawberry, Vanilla, Caramel and a few more which I can’t quite remember. They are priced at RM7.50 each, no extra GST.

Apart from that, there are other common drinks and food ranges from snacks like wedges, fries and garlic bread to main courses like pasta and western food. All quite reasonably priced for such an eatery.

As usual, excuse the poor quality of photos since my Casio doesn’t perform so well at night. Although it does well in daylight, I think the answer to my problems would be getting two cameras, one for day, one for night. Haha.

Anyway, here’s a look at the interior deco first.

The place has subdued lighting and it decorated in a contemporary style, albeit with a slightly retro touch. This is the back of the shop.


The front of the shop has red cushioned chairs that look quite retro, but no one was sitting in them when we were there. Everybody seemed to prefer the “booth” seating, sitting on the cushioned bench along one side of the shop.


The counter and cake display area. There were only two kinds of cakes that time, Hazelnut Cheese Cake and American Chocolate Cake, priced at RM8.50 and RM6.50 respectively. Note the Chinese lanterns hung which adds an Oriental touch to the place. To the right of this area is where the drinks are prepared where bottles of flavoured syrup used to make the drinks are lined up which is quite a sight, very colourful. However, my camera failed to capture this clearly, so no photos of that available.


This is what my friend had, a Chocolate Frappe.


And I had a Caramel Frappe, it’s quite nice. But personally I don’t see what’s so special about it that warrants that price. There’s a glass of water in the background, which they serve to everybody regardless of what you order. They come in Ikea glasses, mine was from Russia, my friend got a glass from Turkey. Heh.


My sister had a Mango Freeze which is basically Mango flavoured fizzy drink topped with a scoop of Vanilla ice cream, surprisingly nice but rather sweet. This cost RM6.90.

There are also magazines that you can read while whiling away time there, and I think they have wifi. Board games are also available.

Overall, I think I would go to this place again if my purse is feeling a little heavy and I’ve got time to kill.

4 comments:

Andrew said...

hws the customer there.. alot? reception? fast?

wandkey said...

Business there not bad, quite a lot of customers. Service was good too, quite fast.

Sam said...

LoL, my mom doesn't like going to places like this cause most of the time the service doesn't amount up to the cost and all that.

Hrm, must find a way to go try new places.

UGS food hunt gathering?

wandkey said...

Must find a way to try new places? What new places are there to try anyway? And then, boh lui ler. Haha.

UGS food hunt gathering.. sounds like quite a nightmare.. remember last time we walked from Star to Travillion on food hunt?