Thursday, January 04, 2007

I love Kuching.

The few things I love about Kuching

  • Do you know the highway(mainroad whichever you prefer) next to the Stampin Primary School? The one with the leading to town and the one to have to pass to get to the airport? Yeah, that one. I love driving there at 4am in the morning when cars are non-existent and the only thing surrounding you is the darkness of night and the street lights under the canopy of gorgeous trees. It's a stellar view and for a split second, it makes me feel as if the world and all it's troubles have passed me by. It's like being stuck in a moment in time. It's amazing to say the least.
  • I love riding the sampan at Waterfront after the rain has stopped for a bit. There's just a bit of wind to wispify(this word does not exist) your hair and the sky is still a bit grey and the sun is just about to rise. I don't know how to describe it. It's just ...perfect.
  • The Japanese restaurant below Lok Thian. It's called ten i chi and the Japanese food there is wonderful. Much better that most of the Japanese fast food restaurants in KL.
  • Rainforest Music Fest. Every 2nd weekend(it has just been altered to the 2nd weekend) of July at Cultural Village. It's practically tradition for me to go and I really enjoy it.
  • Laksa. Muahahha. I don't like Chong Choon but I like the laksa at Sekama and the one at Stutong. If you haven't tried the ones there, then you have missed out on a lot my friend.
  • The city itself. It's small and it's unique.
Admin note: I found this post as a draft in the blog. Apparently Jylene either had no time to put it up, or wanted to leave it as a surprise, so we could post it after she left for NS. And i think it's beautifully written - Kuching shall, to me, forever be home.

6 comments:

Sam said...

Lol. How exactly did you post this?!?!

And...Since you love Kuching so much, reconsider your decision to leave and not come back to stay?

Eli James said...

Hehe. Read the small notes i posted at the end of the post. Good ol' Jylene.

kVys2o0o said...

-.-"

Cedric ahhh!!!

I wasn't surprised when I saw the name Jylene without reading the post. I was HAPPY! I thought there is INTERNET connection at camp!~ urhhh...

I'm doomed in the camp soon.. without internet :(

Eli James said...

Kenny! Why would they have internet connection in camp! No internet connection in school, you think camp, with being in the middle of nowhere, would have?

Pray for 3G lah! Your hp is so canggih wad.

>.<"

wandkey said...

Eh, but the second part of NS they might have internet access. Since first part is done at camp, second part is at institutions. Read bout that in someone's blog. So, pray that you would be located somewhere with Internet lor.

You'll be lucky if got handphone reception. What more to say internet, at NS camp.

kVys2o0o said...

haha... I will not bring my N80 to the camp la!~ I will bring one of my 4 collections :D See either i bring colour screen or mono screen one lor!~ haha.. maybe I bring my n3650, at least gt VGA camera to take photo :P

N3230 sayang la if lose there haha