Saturday, June 09, 2007

Vienna Teng


This post was drafted since January but since Odeo doesn't like me very much, I will use YouTube instead. Watch the video, really, watch it.

I first heard her on MTV CHI Rocks. The show bored me, but I wanted to watch Machi at the end...instead, I totally missed out on Machi because I busy looking for Vienna Teng online!

Her real name is Cynthia Shih, but un-shockingly, she's not using that name. She likes Vienna, so she uses Vienna for her "Artist Name" (insert Lor).

Interestingly, she has a degree in Computer Science, but ended up as a performer. She's played the piano since the age of 5...and damn I like her hands ^.^

Watching her on MTV Chi Rocks, she could sing and play at the same time so fluidly whereas some performers I've seen tend to do well in either the playing or singing and the other would be background fluff. She wrote all of her songs on her third album, Dreaming through the Noise !!!!

ViennaTeng.com is pretty informative and there's one section of the website where letters are sent in saying how her songs have affected them so and so. I don't think her songs has affected me that much. But Gosh~ They are so nice and peaceful.

I haven't even reached the Lyrics yet =)



City hall, the first song I heard from her and the song that made me fall in love with the rest of her songs.

*Other songs that are really really nice...(especially when you're not feeling particularly happy XD )
Lullaby for a Stormy Night.
Harbor.
The Tower.

You can press play and start listening now.

5 comments:

Tze Lun said...

I've been listening to her songs for so long and I didn't know Vienna Teng isn't her real name..............

Why? Oh, Why?!

wandkey said...

I realised that this post is dated 6 September 2007, Sam? Tsk tsk.. So that your post would always be on top hor. Until after 6 september that is.

Sam said...

-Tze Lun
Because so other than that furthermore.

I swear it sounds better in chinese.

-Wen Qi
Blogspot is ...unconventional. Who puts month in front of date?! Urgh, problem rectified.

saykhia said...

Thanks for introducing Vienna Teng to me, Sam. Loving her songs. Not all, though. Haha!

Sam said...

Hahaha, some of her songs are rather...

Different lol!