Monday, June 18, 2007

Losing Weights; Top 5 Food To Avoid

Today I wore a new smaller sized shirt which I just bought last weekend. A number of my classmates actually just realised that I lost a lot of weight from the first day they met me. A few came to me and asked me how did I manage to lose so much weights in this short period of time. Not to mention, two of my female classmates actually want to join me in the weekend jogging now. Lolx!~

There are many ways I follow in my lose weight challenge. Of course the very first important thing must do is diet. Diet means eating the right food on the right time, NOT starving ourselves.

Let's me just sum up the very first step in losing weights, that is avoiding the Top 5 food in our diet.

Carbonated Drinks

If you're seriously thinking about losing weights, you should not consume any carbonated drinks at all! Carbonated drinks are drinks like Cocal Cola, Sprite, 100 Plus etc. These drinks actually contain a large amount of sugar, contributing a large quantity of calories intake. Which is not helping in losing weights, but gaining weights instead. In fact, staying at KL for three months, I've not consumed carbonated drinks more than five times.

Ice Cream and Chocolate


Yea... Ice cream and chocolate are common favourite food Asians, especially among girls. Do you actually know that ice cream and chocolate contribute fats in the body? The more ice cream and chocolate you eat, the more weight you gain.

Rice


Losing weights is about calories deficit, decreasing the amount of calories intake based on calories burn in a day. No doubt for Asians, rice has been a very common and essential food that we must take at least in two meals a day; luncn and dinner. Do you actually know that a bowl of white rice contains ten table-spoon of sugar?

Rice is categoriesed under carbs (carbohydrate) whch is the main source of energy (calories). Rice makes us feel full, yet we feel hungry very soon. If you're serious about losing weights, you might as well consider decreasing the amount of rice intake. I only have half bowl of rice daily.

Noodle

Yay!~ Noodle, needless to mention is a favourite food among Chinese. I can't deny myself the affection towards noodle (kolo mee) last time. In fact, noodle contains more carbs than rice, contributing a large amount of calories intake. Usually the noodles served in Malaysia contains a lot of carbs, less other nutritients like protein. It's best advised that we shouldn't take noodle if we are losing weights.

I actually kill my affection towards noodle in this period of time. Imagine going back to my hometown two weeks ago, I only had kolo mee once (last time at least four times a week)!

Oily Food/Fried Food


Oily food contains a lot of fats, inceasing body fats. Oily food is also part of fried food like fried noodle or fried rice. Others like curry or fat meats (skin) are also considered part of it. The ideal way of losing weights is losing body fats (BF). If we take more of these food, we are actually increasing BF than losing BF%.

Take only lean meat instead, chicken breast or beef. It's best to consume less meat, more vegetables and fruits.

If you're planning to lose weights, you should consider giving up your favourite food above. Decrease the amount of carbs intake. When I'm more free next week, I will write up the type of food I take in my losing weight challenge.

Till then, all the best and together we live up healthy lifestyle! Lolx!~

5 comments:

Zhang BeiHai said...

This counters daniel's roti bom post =P

wandkey said...

Hey that photo of the rice was mine! And ice cream photo was Sam's!

Your diet really extreme ler..

And wow, Kenny becoming our in-house nutritionist. Haha.

kVys2o0o said...

hahaha!

I was too lazy to google photos around haha!~ nvm, this is UGS Blog.. still, UGSers rights :D

Extreme? To wat extent? hehe... yealor.. in house nutrionist!~ still a lot to learn actually

kVys2o0o said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

If a person decided to totally avoid the above FAts and carbohydrates. I was wondering what you use as fuel in your body.