Friday, June 22, 2007

Post Form 6 : Converges in Paths

Number one reason why people go for Form 6, to eventually get into public universities. And I have a feeling I may be going to defy that.

It’s been a few days since results of acceptance into public universities in Malaysia have been announced. Surprisingly, many people I know managed to end up with courses of their choice, if not the first choice. Which wasn’t what I expected from the system, after the horrors I’ve heard of students doing brilliantly yet ending up with courses that they did not apply for but were pushed upon them.

Well well, no doubt that the dates of releasing the results are a little too close to the registration date for comfort, it’s a week plus to 1st July! But that supposedly was due to the matriculation results which needed processing.

So, what did I end up with? Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Biochemistry. Hmm. With a GPA like mine, I knew I didn’t stand much of a chance of getting my first choice, which was USM, biomedicine, but this isn’t too bad. Well, congrats to my classmate who managed to get into Universiti Malaya for medicine, I can’t remember the last student from our school who managed to do that (and yes, he is Chinese). And congrats to the others who managed to get into the top public universities of our nation.

Seems like just a short while ago that I was still in Form 6, and now everyone is going their separate paths. C’est la vie. What would life bring? Time will tell.

6 comments:

kVys2o0o said...

lolx.. but you're not enrolling in public U anyway.

ya.. time really flies!~ I mean, nx week will be july! It's freaking so fast!

saykhia said...

I know another person who got medicine in UM =) Anthony, 5S1 2005. Hehe...

wandkey said...

kvys2000: Yealor, next I know it, I'll be in uni already. Aiks.

saykhia: Oh, I wasn't aware of that. Although, is he Chinese?

Anonymous said...

u r not going to ukm? lolz, anyway, all the best, wherever u go..

wandkey said...

andrew: Thanks for the well wishes. Hmm, I don't think I am going.

LiZaRdboi_88 said...

WenQi got plan B(ritain) already, why need to go to UKM? LOL

Everyone seperated to respective choice of uni.....i myself will go to USM at Penang....*sniffle*