Thursday, June 14, 2007

4.4 pounds past sanity

What happens when you eat too much of this…


And don’t get enough of this…

It's exercise by the way...

Shocking weight gain! I do hope it’s as I believe, that the scales have gone wonky. However, I have a sinking feeling that it does not lie. Although according to it, my brother has put on weight too. Hmm..

Alas, it is as I feared, working has made me gain weight, or perhaps changed my perception of weight. Remember my post in which I said that my surrounding my work place is a high concentration of beauty and slimming centres? Well, I think I may have somehow, subconsciously, succumbed to something along the way. Ok, I probably have to tone up more than slim down. But looking at all those skinny and tall girls walking about in the vicinity who work at those centres, sure makes you feel like a lumpy, thunder-thighed walrus even if you aren’t one.

They saunter around, you can see them around at lunch time or after work, though do they actually eat? And they always go around in pairs, always! Thin, well-groomed, make up done just so, legs looking further elongated by heels, hair tied up in a bun and never out of place, they really are walking advertisements. And eyes follow them wherever they go…

They are further identified by their uniforms, which are all so fitted that only the very slim can wear them, and the skirts are all pencil skirts, which we know are difficult to wear without making your hips look gigantic. Dark brown suit girls from Marie France Bodyline. Beige suits with dark brown buttons girls from Bella Skincare. Light beige suits with white trim girls from Clara International. Oohlala..

I rest my case. I might as well enjoy food in Kuching while I can, before going off to Kuala Lumpur for studies. If form 6 made me lose weight, I wonder if university would do the same, or worse.

7 comments:

kVys2o0o said...

wen qi ah.. you're already thin enuf!~

In fact, I find you getting thinner after form 6!~ Honesty, when I saw u during the cny visiting to your hse, I had a shock to see that you were so thin! hahaha...

Zhang BeiHai said...

Hey Wen....dun get too caught up in slimming products(i dun trust them). Jogging miles to kick off calories or even a game of badminton a week beat those chemicals anytime.

wandkey said...

kvys2000: That was then, cny was months ago. Now it's June already. Holidays always make me gain weight de.

lifeforce covenant: Don't worry, I don't use slimming products. Bleh. They are horrendous scams.

Zhang BeiHai said...

Yay! Good, down with them!!^^

kVys2o0o said...

haha.. wanna learn some methods from me? haha.. you can see hw effective it is on me :P haha!

nah.. you come to kl, you will slim down one la :P

wandkey said...

Kenny, why don't you share your methods with everyone here in BUGS? Would make a very good post. Yes, very enlightening.

kVys2o0o said...

haha... dn think so :D It's nt a well balanced or good journal :D

Due to bzness in study.. hard to keep up the journal.. so well :D haha