Thursday, June 14, 2007

Roti's

"All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players!"

That has absolutely nothing (nada, zero, zilch) to do with my post today, but it just seemed so proper to begin with a quote like debators usually do. That stupid sentence has been stuck in my mind for two days now and Im wondering if Im normal. Or mental.

The topic of extreme importance today is the great, indispensable , celebrated and downright fantastic (albeit not so common) ROTI BOOM!

Looks like a squashed donut

No, Im serious. Thats what they call it. Roti Boom , pronounced 'Roh-tea Bomb' with a tangible chinese slang that the prata-man will laugh at if you're non native. I had this piece of roti at some indian specialty stall at some street off 7th Mile, so I am not sure if its a local delicacy (never heard of it in my life). Or maybe I just dont eat enough.

This thing is heavenly!

To be honest, I ordered it because of its fancy name. I wanted to know the connection between 'boom' and the squashed piece of fried roti, and whether the title could be substantiated by overwhelming evidence to support its claim of... well... BOOM.

This thing is heavenly!

It doesnt exactly look impressive... squashed piece of..

Then when the roti arrived, I thought I had made the wrong choice. Then of course, I cautiously took a bite... a tiny morsel... just a small little nibble... nothing but a munch... and..

MY GOD IT WAS HEAVENLY!!!

I dont want to tell you what its made of, what its filled with, or exactly how it tastes like. Thats what you have to find out for yourself, when you visit your nearest indian roti stall. Just ask for a Roti Boom, and angelic choirs will sing its torrential cry of glory.

And yes, I believe that it does live up to its name.

BOOM.

6 comments:

Sam said...

Creative name. What's so different about it?

Zhang BeiHai said...

INteresting, sounds dangerous though...won't want to try it alone.

kVys2o0o said...

you make me hungry nw -_-"

Anonymous said...

roti bom has been around for ages, u haven eat enuf........... A whole post on it is too much.

Daniel Chong said...

Never eaten it in my life. To sakai people be all the glory. =D

Zhang BeiHai said...

GG sakais!^^