Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The Lion Whisperer

That's what they call Kevin Richardson.


It's quite apparent that the lion is rather comfortable with him being around. Not only that, the lion even allows him to be that close. My CAT wouldn't allow me to do that without first trying to shred me to pieces!


Well it does look like he's having a rough time here, but I guess the lionesses are just being playful. They are very big cats, after all.


This picture undoubtedly reaffirms the fact that Mr. Kevin here has a special bond with big cats. The lions actually want him to cuddle them and rub their bellies (well.. cats generally do that. Lions are cats too!) I have never seen anything quite like this. Not with lions, at least. How I wish to have a chance like that, to be able to play with lions without getting my head bitten off.


Quite a scary sight, it's as though the lioness is actually biting him. I think it might hurt, but I'm sure she was just playing with him. Otherwise you would see a lot of blood spurting in the picture.

He's a lucky man.

I have enough problems with my cat.

3 comments:

Zhang BeiHai said...

That picture is still scary though, you never know when the kitties would want to experiment a bit of taste. they still are wild animals and have subconcious instincts.

Tze Lun said...

Yeah no doubt it's still scary. But I don't know... it's something we can never achieve without passion. Risking his life and limbs to do something he loves doing - maybe that's what sets him apart from others.

He actually got bitten by a lion before, fortunately for him it stopped... before he died :P

Reening said...

Lions. Wooo