Saturday, May 12, 2007

4th UGS mini-gathering, Green Hill Corner

Just had UGS mini-gathering number 4, in case you were wondering when was the third one, which I doubt anybody would, that was only attended by Cedric, Tay and Paul and neither of them has yet to blog about it. In fact, I wasn’t aware that there was such a gathering till Cedric mentioned it just now.

Anyway, just now’s gathering was held mainly because Kenny had came back from KL for a short while, and Zhe Rong and I had to pass form 6 books to Cedric. Initial plan was to meet at Green Hill Corner at 11am. Unsurprisingly, everybody was late. The first to reach there was actually Tay. Got a call from him and he was asking where everybody was. Haha. Did I sense a slight feeling of desperation?

Then, when I got there at 11.15am, there was no one in sight, Tay had went of for a walk. But not to fear, Zhe Rong arrived moments after I reached there. The coffee shop was surprisingly quite packed, and there was only one big table free. Zhe Rong and I were quite a sight, each carrying a plastic bag of very heavy form 6 books and dumping them on the table as we took our seats.

After some time, Paul and later Cedric arrived. Tay, Paul and Cedric, the Milo Peng (Iced Milo) drinkers group for the day, all three of them ordered the same drink. Conversation ensued, ranging from talking about impending form 6 to… Pungalungas. Heh. Intelligent conversations indeed.

Then finally, Kenny the VIP arrived, was it 40 minutes after the appointed time? And the first thing he did after sitting down was….

Yes, busy busy guy. His N80 made frequent appearances throughout the gathering.

We were all at the same table, but I felt at times that there was a segregation of sorts. There was Cedric, Paul, Zhe Rong and me on one side of the table, talking away in English. Then, there was Kenny, Tay and Wong (a friend of theirs who happened to be there), talking rather animatedly in Hokkien. Then there was all the laughing from their side, sometimes for reasons unknown, my understanding of Hokkien is rather basic you see.

And all throughout, the heat was rather unbearable. Goodness, the kopitiam had fans but surrounded by food stalls which generated lots of heat and it was hot day too. Okay, my memory is apparently deteriorating, it has only been three hours since gathering and I have forgotten half of what was said, perhaps more.

Let’s rely on some photos to tell the story, shall we..

Here’s a photo of Cedric and Tay, not seeing eye to eye. Interesting photo to me in a way. And you can see that Cedric’s hair has really gone golden. Looks like ah beng or something. Oh well, looks can be deceiving.

And that’s Paul, and Zhe Rong is clutching tightly onto a green bag containing his precious three chemistry books. Must have been hard saying goodbye. Haha.

We discovered new things! Like how Cedric does not know how to use chopsticks in the proper way. How can we not know that until now?! Okay, take a look and try to see what is wrong. Apart from taking such a big serving of noodles in one go that is…

I was first to leave this time for the gathering, since parent was in town to fetch my sister after school so might as well fetch me too. So, to know what else happened during gathering, go bug one of the BUGGERs to blog about it.

9 comments:

Sam said...

Ooooh, Lim Teh!!! If it were Later, i might have made it. Cause yesterday, I found out my mum was going to Miri and my dad is perpetually late.

Oh well?

Welcome back Ah Kong~!

Eli James said...

He's eating pizza tonight. Dang ...

PS: Whoah! I look like a monkey! Talk about unflattering shots! ;P

Daniel Chong said...

His fingers look distorted. Like the Flemings Right Hand rule gone wrong.

wandkey said...

Sam arh, your school ended early today I thought. You could have made it if you wanted to, couldnt' you?

kVys2o0o said...

hahaha... nop.. didnt eat pizza tonite..

my friends lor.. see my weight decreased, they so shocked and worry :P hahaha.. they are gaining weights here.. Jz nw two of my friends didnt eat dinner. When I wanted to bring them eat, they said wanna slim down -_-" Afraid 2 months later I'm slimmer than them hahahaha

hmmm.. met Nicole Sim at Travillion Mall jz nw :D Dunno what was she doin there, shouted me from afar.. gosh.. Nearly can't recognize her.. thought who called me :D So bad, first thing when I walked near to her, she HIT ME -_-"

wandkey said...

Haha. Kenny, what were you doing at Travillion I wonder? Clubbing?

kVys2o0o said...

hmm... there wasn't any event take place there.. so, clubbing is out of place :D Went there to shop ma.. mana tahu, juz walked into the shop, they were closing.. -_-" So jz had drinks wif friends there... wanna play the pool in the Zen, but so small... the table.

Sam said...

-Wen Qi
Not really, maybe pop in, but eat there, no. LoL...Had dance class.
Nickki was there on Saturday night for a dinner =D

wandkey said...

danielchong: You've got that right. It is distorted. Hehe. Well actually, I used to use chopsticks that way too. Only kicked the habit a few years back. So, you still got hope, Ced! Haha.