Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Sunnyhill Ice-Cream

Kuching is famous for its food. That is a fact! If it isn't a fact. Well never mind. It's a fact by me!

Kuching has great kolo-mee. Great Laksa. Great 3 layer tea!

What Kuching also has, is Sunnyhill Ice-Cream.

If you're from Kuching, the chances of you never indulging in Sunnyhill Ice-cream before is pretty slim. One in a hundred peas actually.


Normally when people go to Sunnyhill, the first thing they look at is the wonderful red board that displays the flavors available for the day. Then they (normally) look out for the popcorn that normally lies resting on the shelf. On some days, the shelf is empty due to the gluttonous rapid sales of the yummy salted popcorn. On other days, the yummy salted popcorn is yours for buying!


After that, they choose the ice-cream they want, how they want it and how many they want! And that indulgence is pumped out from the glorious ice-cream maker. Nuts and Sauce are optional. So are the bananas. And the bread. And the cone. And the yummy salted popcorn which rocks when covered in yummy sweet ice-cream!




Sunnyhill bread is really coarse. And it somehow manages to fit the ice-cream really nicely. Almost like they were made for each other.

But the best thing of all, is still the delicious, cold, soft, creamy, yummy orgasmic ice-cream.

Perfect patterns

If you aren't hungry by now...Well, I am!!! *Can't wait to get that ice-cream!*

I was here promoting pleasure foods. Ice-Cream.

10 comments:

wandkey said...

Ohhh.. so that's what the popcorn is for! Haha.

And Sam.. tsk tsk, making people hungry at night time. Bad bad..

Thankfully, I don't really fancy sunny hill ice cream now, it melts too fast and you end up with dribbles down your cone, it's like childhood nostalgia all over again. Ah, who am I kidding, I want ice cream!

wandkey said...

Oh I forgot to ask, how do you manage to capture photos like those?

Firstly, the ice cream is still in good condition, not melty.

Secondly, how can you resist the urge to taste a bit first!?

Sam said...

Haha! If you haven't, you must eat it with the popcorn. And..It doesn't melt too fast if it's a hot day and you're having it for lunch!

Well, I was hungry. The faster I took the photos, the faster I could eat it. So obviously I took the photos really fast ^.^

Look closely at the first photo of the ice-cream. And you'll notice the end is a bit..."flat". Sort of like a spoon scraped it. *Innocent face*

conan_cat said...

ehh how come dun hav such shop in kl one!! all expensive shops here lor baskin robbins lar haagen daz lar no rm12 oso cannot get ice cream. the cheapest alternative for ice cream is either those sold in mini marts or McD sundae. haih!

looks so yummy!!!

Danny said...

KL lousy mah.... Wif many rude traders at Petaling Street.... Sunnyhill icecream is the best, and cheap... I could not remember when is the last time i eat it.. Maybe 2 or 3 years ago.... I remember my dad always bring me to eat there when i'm still in kindergarten....

Sam, later ppl laugh at u la.... They say u sakai never see icecream... haha... jk.....

Eli James said...

I eat that once a week. ^.^ *psst - not a word to any of the judokas - they'd laugh and tell me I'll need to go to the gym*

Vivian Kon Ching Sian said...

IM eating now. lol

Daniel Chong said...

Hey I eat that once a week too... every Friday afternoon before add maths tuition... yummy stuff

Sam said...

Appreciating good food is NEVER sakai. I still can't believe there are people in Kuching who have never eaten it before...

Amazing.

Aquavires said...

I noticed the reference to me, Sam. =P Well, no point TALKING about it if you don't DO anything about it, right? ;-D

P.S. Great photography