Thursday, May 17, 2007

Interesting Stuff, this Jung

Fun at work, who would have thought that’s possible? But that’s what happened today. See, the thing was that several UNIMAS students had came to the company where I work at for industrial training. And so, the company has several short programmes specially held for them and a few of us newly hired clerks get to join too. This week, we got to do the Jung’s personality test. Yep, that’s the same one that Boss Cedric featured in his personal blog.


Then today was when we got our results explained to us, and had a few activities in the process. So according to the test, you can either be more Introvert or Extrovert, iNtuitive or Sensing, Feeling or Thinking, Perceiving or Judging. Up till today, I never really bothered to read up on what all that means. But since we were given a handout with everything explained, I begin to see how interesting this can really be. Heh. Well, shouldn’t explain any further on that, you can easily view the links to find out more.


One interesting part of the afternoon was when my colleagues and I were divided into two groups, one with the Thinking people, and the other with the Feeing people. We were both given the same problem to solve. The problem goes like this: Supposedly, your team has worked very hard and successfully completed a project. As a reward, your boss has bought 6 tickets to Los Angeles, problem is there are 10 members in your team. How do you go about it? The moment I read through the question, the answer was already in my head. We Thinking group then unanimously agreed that the tickets should be sold, and the money evenly divided among the team members. Then, we proceeded to wait and wait as the Feeling group tried to come to a decision.


That was when I started laughing at how differences between the two groups. There was us, who were so quick to make up our minds. Then, there was them, who carefully and slowly tried to come to a best solution. Unsurprisngly, there were more Feelers than Thinkers among us lot, since we are all female except for one guy.


Then, came the battle of sorts, okay, really toned down battle. There was us, fighting for our stand, saying that different people have different ways of enjoying themselves, and why should I go on holiday with people I do not really want to go with and all that.


Then the Feelers said it would be better if everyone chip in a little bit so that everyone could go on holiday. Them saying we the boss bought those tickets for us and that we shouldn’t have just sold them.


Oh yea, and I found out I’m the only INTJ among the 9 people in the group. The other 3 Thinkers were all ENTJs. And 4 of them were ESFJs. And 1 more was ISFJ. How.. not particularly varied. Heh.


Later on, we had one more activity. The problem this time was to pass one tennis ball sized ball among all the members in the group in the shortest time possible. The rule was that the ball had to touch everybody’s two hands. So we tried and tried, first we tried just passing from one to another, way too slow. Our instructor told us that they tried to do this one at a training program and 20 of them did in less than a second. So, we tried putting our hands in a circle and one person rolling the ball around. Still not fast enough. Then we brainstormed. At one point, I mentioned forming a slide with our hands and letting the ball roll down. Then the others thought that would take too long. Wasn’t until later that the instructor pointed out that I was actually on the right track. Hehe. Just that an Introvert like me was shut out by the other Extroverts. Ah, I think my face went slightly red at that point, the combination of praise and spotlight was a bit too much.


Overall, the whole thing really opened my eyes to all the possibilities of gaining understanding of people, and the whole thing just fascinated me. I wouldn’t say that I agree 100% with this method of testing and “stereotyping”, but it’s interesting nonetheless.


Now so far, I only know among us UGSers that Cedric is an ENFJ, the “Pedagogue” and a natural born leader type. Ah now we know why he’s Boss. Haha.
Paul and I are INTJs, the “Scientists”.
Zhe Rong is an INTP.
Tay is an INFP, supposedly caring and selfless people. Hmmm….

And the rest, well go do that test already! Haha. I’m curious to know the outcome.

17 comments:

Eli James said...

Daniel's an ESFP! And what does pedagogue mean?

>.<

wandkey said...

Actually, I don't know what pedagogue means either. Haha. Just saw that as the description for your personality kind.

Ah, according to what I have here in the handout, ESFP is the "Entertainer".

Eli James said...

Ooh! *lugs Dan along for the next gathering*

And Tay IS selfless. When he gets over his inhibitions ... and his spoon ranged emotional radar.

XD

wandkey said...

Cedric, you are aware that this is a public blog, and that comments are public too. Haha.

kVys2o0o said...

Lolx.. I'm ENTJ :)

E - 11
N - 38
T - 1 *wth?*
J - 67 :D

Hehehe.. checked the career indicator, recommended for Law, Counselling, Politics and Business management.. my interest :D hahaha

Sam said...

ENFJ.

E-56
N-12
F-75
J-22

Zhang BeiHai said...

Hey Kenny, you're a pal to us INTJs^^, supposedly we work well with fieldmarshal rationals(proven aye?;P). And sam, a novelty "intriguingly different".

Ced, my fren in swinburne is also INTJ, while abc's a counselor idealist^^, but she forgot the what n what j . She already took the test long ago and one of her potential jobs was a military officer XD, of course the other is a doctor.

Zhang BeiHai said...

Btw, Jo is champion idealist, =P. Nice to know I've fought tooth and nail with a champion and counsellor(though only when I was 4, u never really have the heart to fight a counsellor), and bit a teacher(fought him most of the way actually^^.)

wandkey said...

fr3ech: That means you're almost same as Paul and I except that you're extroverted? Haha. That's a surprise.

sam: Ah, I thought you would have been sensing type. But the rest, makes sense.

warcry covenant: How does teacher taste like? Haha.

kVys2o0o said...

what's wrong being extroverted for me? -_-"

I think you being introverted is true also hahaha... I'm an outgoing person la duh!~

Zhang BeiHai said...

Kenny- being extroverted is very wrong, seriously.

Wen-Can't describe. But such a satiating taste it was that I fought him the rest of the way just for a mouthful. Sadly, my endeavours were never realized.

kVys2o0o said...

wait.. what's your understanding of extrovert? Different to mine?

Gosh.. either way, you guys just don't know me well.

kVys2o0o said...

perhaps... i'm not as outgoing as I am when i'm with a bunch of UGSers... -_-"

Zhang BeiHai said...

Heheh, kenny, I just said being extroverted was wrong for the sake of saying it^^. Honestly speaking, I think being an extrovert has the upper hand in the current world. INtroverts like me might as well be penned up in some austere office cubicle or work in some lab as an outcast. Not that I mind ;).

And
"Hey Kenny, you're a pal to us INTJs^^, supposedly we work well with fieldmarshal rationals(proven aye?;P). And sam, a novelty "intriguingly different"."

was wrong. Mistook abc's blablablabla for sams ENFsth. Sam is actually the same as ced under tribesman, and unfortunately I've declared her a pungalunga.

wandkey said...

Kenny, do you know what extrovert is? It's not just about being outgoing. It's about personal preference. Extroverts rather spend time with other people. Whereas introverts rather spend time by themselves. Heh. Actually, I wasn't too sure what kinda results the test would be for you.

Paul, perhaps it's the texture, rather than the taste that was satiating. Haha. Okay, not really to say texture, but what's the word again? Tenderness? Haha.

Zhang BeiHai said...

Eeewwwhhhh.....way to go with your descriptive ability Wen.....feel like a cross between Hannibal Lecter and Count Dracula(although the countship wouldn't be half as messy)

Nevertheless Hannibal was after all an INTJ.

wandkey said...

Imagines biting into young and tender... Eeks. No! I'm not into cannibalism.

Paul, you are the one with descriptive ability in writing. You made me get carried away. Haha.