Thursday, May 31, 2007

Much ado about nothing

One morning I got up and this was what I saw…

Mind you, it was already past 7 at that time, and yet still so misty. Kinda surreal. But it also reminds me that I would be experiencing lots of this two years from now each winter for at least two years? Sigh…

Anyway, one thing’s for sure, weather in Kuching is getting a bit out of sorts. Just the other day, there was a hailstorm! For real, I’m not kidding this time, unlike my other post when I said it snowed in Kuching. It was a Saturday, there was heavy downpour, thunderstorm and very strong winds. And somehow I slept through it all. So I only found out after I got up and my family told me what happened, and the news article the next day proved it too.

Okay, so it wasn’t really like gigantic blocks of ice falling from the sky and the hailstorm was probably only for a while, but very unusual. The last time I remembered this happening was about 5 years ago? I was sitting for exams then and I remembered that about a third of the class had to fill in their MCQ answer sheets again since it got wet. And as I was sitting in the class, very much distracted, I noticed that small shards of ice were being carried by the strong wind into the corridor of the classroom block. Talk about unusual.

And yes, you know that either Wandkey is lazy or has run out of things to blog about when she blogs about the weather of all things.

2 comments:

Tze Lun said...

Weather in Kuching sounds fun.

In KL, we only have:
1. Extreme heat
2. Torrential rains
3. Haze as thick as smoke

wandkey said...

Fun? Hmm.. In Kuching, we've also got heat, although not as extreme, torrential rains and haze.