Sunday, July 29, 2007

Googling BUGS on Google Blog Search

Today, I shall amaze you with the extend of my wu-liaoness. (Lameness? For lack of a better English word) While trying out the Google Blog search, I decided to search for “undergroundsquare”, look what I found…

Yay, number 1 search result is a post by me, written some time ago about my “exercise routine” at work. Weird, I don’t know how this blog search thing works. Then the second result, weirdly, is a post by one of our BUGGERS, Divious aka Ling, who isn’t even much of an active blogger nowadays. Then in third place, there’s a blog by a student from Kuching who’s our Boss’s friend, and her post says that our blog is good. Oh wow. Only after that is a search result from Boss’s blog which introduces BUGS, The Undergroundsquare Blog. And following that is our other admin kvys2000’s blog post search result about the Undergroundsquare forum itself.

All in all, 9 search results, only. But that’s for now. Hmmm.. Now I’m really curious how this thing works.

Then next, I tried to search “BUGGERS”, “BUGS blog” but none of them yield any result relating to our blog. Then, I searched “BUGGERS BUGS blog” and what do you know, up pops BUGS as the first search result. Hah. Which actually is a blog post I did about BUGGERS catching the “lazy to blog” bug. And slightly below that is another search result about BUGS, which is the “This Week's BUGGER to Bug to Blog at BUGS” post.


Next up was searching “ugs blog”.

How did BUGS get up there? In the related blogs section. Hmm. But the first search result isn’t BUGS, it’s another blog by the name of UGS Blog. Only the third search result relates BUGS itself, and also the fourth. Both posts of which are about UGS gatherings, one from BUGS itself and the other from Daniel's blog. Hmm…

Enlightening, this search is. *Listens around for the symphony of people snoring*

2 comments:

Zhang BeiHai said...

That's interesting...

wandkey said...

Is that supposed to be sarcastic? Hehe. I think more people would find it... lame.