Wednesday, July 18, 2007

“Multitasking” at work

Sometimes, the load at work just piles up high and at times you feel like it’s just endless work. There’s no better way to deal with stress than to take a few moments of rest and, as I’ve learned, “goof” off a bit. Some things I’ve found out, the intranet can be very handy, find a “secluded corner” and try out this few de-stressing, fun activities, without even going onto the Internet:

  1. Notepad can be used to create a very simple chat “room” that takes up little space. Or better yet, Microsoft Word, you can use different text fonts, colours etc to liven up conversation. If you really have time on hand, Microsoft Paint can also be used as a chat room of sorts and you can even include pictures, akin to the Windows Live Messenger handwriting tool. Heh.
  2. Paint has many uses, you can play Tic Tac Toe on it with another person, Hangman, probably any game you can play on paper.
  3. Creating funny collages using even just Paint can be quite fun and worth the look on your colleagues’ face as he/she tries to control their laughter in the office.
  4. There are games programmed to be used in Microsoft Excel. This I came to know quite by accident online. The games are mostly old school, like Tetris, Mastermind, Asteroids, Word Games, Number Games and the like, easily downloaded off the Internet. And some really look inconspicuous.
Word Search on a Mac on Excel?


Tetris on Excel... Old School

Mind you, I do work hard but I also play hard. That’s pretty much what I’ve discovered these few days, as I’ve became somewhat of a nomad at work. And I’m very thankful I have someone to cooperate with. Goodbye messages handwritten on scraps of paper or costly sms! Haha.

Remember to please be very careful when doing this, try your best to make the files inconspicuous, hidden and anonymous. Remove your tracks, clear and delete often. Remember to empty the Recycle Bin as well.

Disclaimer: Follow the given suggestions at your own risk. The blogger is not liable for any consequences on taking the said suggestions.

2 comments:

Zhang BeiHai said...

Yeah, I find paint quite nice(maybe because I don't have photoshop), but I never heard of games in there.

wandkey said...

It's not a game built into paint.. I guess I forgot to explain in detail.

But let's say I draw out a tic tac toe square grid, draw in a circle in one of the squares, save it..

And then since it's on the intranet network, another user can just draw in another symbol, save it.. And the game goes on and on.

So I think you can imagine how the other games can be played through that.