Sunday, July 01, 2007

Random observations and a newsflash

Some time ago, on a sunny afternoon, while browsing nearby shops at Main Bazaar after watching a movie at Star Cineplex, I came across something that looked familiar.

Why it is exactly the same bowl and coasters that my mother got at Bali earlier on this year. Except at a much marked up price. We got the bowl for about RM20 at Bali, here they are selling it at RM32.90. Exactly the same thing…

Well, the price didn’t startle me as much as seeing exactly what we got at Bali being available here. It kind of makes it less unique. The one at my house I discovered, has a very lovely cinnamon scent as the insides of the bowl has shavings of cinnamon bark. Though my mum suspects they also put cinnamon essential oil in it to make the smell stronger. So, when I saw the one at the shop, I instinctively picked it up to see if it had the same scent. Haha. It did, but not nearly as strong.

So when what you can get from another part of the world can be found in your hometown, what is really special anymore? Hmmm.. Perhaps just the memories of making that special purchase.


BUGGERS newsflash:
Here’s a quick update on what’s going on with our BUGGERS or UGSers which you may or may not know, since they do not all blog that much.

  • Good job Eli James on his performance in the school’s fund-raising play, saw you in the papers today
  • Congratulations also to Lil Tim, Interact President of his school now, following in my foosteps? Haha.
  • Sam got silver in her level at the summer ballet school she attended at Singapore
  • Zhe Rong got into USM for the course of his choice, translation. Congratulations!

And if I missed out on anybody else, sorry, just let me know and you’ll be in the next newsflash. And note, after blogging for three times a week here for several months, I’ve been taking it down a notch now. Okay, I’m going off to enjoy what little of Sunday I have left…

No comments: