Friday, December 08, 2006

6th UGS Gathering


Success is sweet.

Which I got to experience and witness …What a nice albeit tiring day Thursday was.

The 12 UGS members who made it

The UGS 6TH (SPORTS) GATHERING WAS A SUCCESS!!! *exhale*

There were a lot of problems before this gathering was actually confirmed (Which was the night before) and held like the choice of sport, where, who, when so on and so on. I Thank the heavens, mods and admins for choosing my suggestion for a badminton gathering. ^.^

Swimming is less of my forte and…too many complications in that…CPR alone is easier than diving IN to the pool to save a person THAN give him/her CPR.

So, I woke up at 7.15 due to a sms that woke me up straight away. Vivian. >.> Geez you. That crisis solved, I couldn’t go back to sleep, so I packed my badminton bag (damned heavy, four rackets, two tubes of shuttles, clothing, a 1.5l bottle of water and the rest of the normal crap people bring).

Red plus Blue equals Purple

At 8.30 I picked Vivian up and we went to PBSM hall. Outside, there was already two people waiting. Ravin, Andrew and Tay. Ben and Cedric had both sms’ed me saying that they’d be late, so Vivian and I went to book the court and pay first.

9.05-11.05.

Ben against Angel. St Mary's First Singles against Org Gila

So many things happened in that period of time and in total…a nice sum of FIFTEEN PEOPLE came. Wow halleluja! The biggest Gathering held in UGS history.

Two Cheerleaders and A Prospective UGS-er

Of course, you have to minus 3 people because they weren’t UGS members…wait no, make that 2 if Angel lived up to her promise. So…13 people! Beats the record of nine by 4!


The Ghost of UGS who finally materialized.

So, what went down in PBSM hall? New people were introduced ( Pauls new brother), other met for the first time (Andrew didn’t say a single word to me, and Vivian/Zhe Rong/Joshua/Ravin/Ben/Angel/ had their first experience of a UGS gathering) Badminton was played.

When Cedric whacks, he whacks hard.

Butts were photographed, , judo was…judo-ed?

Zhe Rong. Doesn't he look like Kenny Sia?!!!?

Comparisons were made (ie. Zhe Rong and Kenny Sia)

Cedric brought this. ( First time I've actually played it)

Taboo was brought out and Gathering history was made!

Ipods were hanged. (Cedric's beloved)

Of course there was that incident when Cedric asked Garrick to delete the photo of his butt from my camera cause I had protected it and he didn’t know how to delete it. I tried to stop Garrick, but Cedric interfered and thus pushed me into Wen Qi who fell into him somewhat resulting in my braces mashing into my mouth and my ulcer. What a chain of events for one butt =.=”

Garrick was the first to leave. And everybody else save for Angel, Ben and Garrick went for lunch at Xuan Yue (previous Life (kopitiam) slash reincarnation?! =S ).

Wen Qi smiles =)

A lot of things were discussed at the semi-round-rectangular table, the UGS blog, PS, Xbox, Physics, Nokia vs SE (once again) and so on and so on. Food was eaten, Michelle was spotted ( SO DAMN ADORABLE LAR).

Sweet and Sour Fish

Tay also demonstrated the other uses of a badminton racket.

Back-scratcher! ;

There was also the Physics lesson by Joshua a.k.a Xbox lover on "Left Hand makes toothpicks fly".

After everybody had gone their separate ways from Xuan Yue slash the previous Life Kopitiam slash Reincarnation, Vivian, Wen Qi and I walked to Parkson to get three layer tea. Oh sweet sweet Three layer teaaaa~

Next would be Saturday at Wen Qi’s house for the SEVENTH UGS Gathering

The fifteen (minus Angeline) who went for the UGS 6th (Sports) Gathering!

I was here estatic about everything.

Oh yeah, Ah Mah ar...The ratio for this gathering was far wider than all the previous gatherings no? 11:4

3 comments:

Joshie New said...

well met sam and vivian.got really worked by the two of you.maybe single next time?lolz! =)

Eli James said...

Ooh. Now YOU sound dangerous!

Sam said...

Hahaha, Vivian is more of the singles type. I've been more into the doubles. Go play with her lar. She's our first singles as of next year.