Monday, December 25, 2006

Inside In Inside Out by The Kooks

I'm quite sure most of you(if not all of you) have never heard of this band, The Kooks. Yes, they are British.I know I know, ANOTHER British band with a band name beginning with a pronoun, BORING right?! Quite the contrary actually, this band is unlike the many other pronoun-named bands. The band is a quartet of boys/men from Brighton and they are very young(note that the youngest is ONLY 17). I just have to say this(boys, feel free to roll your eyes) that they are a good looking bunch of lads. They possess this scruffy, ragged rocker look which is SOOOO HOT in my book!

That aside, Inside In Inside Out is the band's debut album which was released in January 2006 which means that they are relatively new to the limelight. The band is your atypical Brit pop band; they sound like a cross between The Arctic Monkeys(I LOATHE THEM), Blur and Libertines. Impressive really, I actually ENJOY this album, A LOT! Undoubtedly, they are a talented bunch and I think this is a REALLY GOOD album considering it is their FIRST! The album consist of 14 energetic, albeit angsty songs:

1.Seaside
2.See the World
3.Sofa Song
4.Eddie's Gun
5.Ooh La
6.You Don't Love Me
7.She Moves in Her Own Way
8.Matchbox
9.Naive
10.I Want You Back
11.If Only
12.Jackie Big Tits
13.Time Awaits
14.Got No Love

When I first heard this album, I swore I sensed a bit of Bob Marley;a very impressive feat. The band managed to infuse bits of raggae, ska and blues into their album which shows that they are a very creative bunch. In addition to that, the album has really cleverly placed guitar hooks(kudos to them) and i love the rhytym and the synchronization of the band. I assume that the band members have really good chemistry(musical chemistry! not THAT kind of chemistry) with each other.

Lyrically, they might not be as profound as Fiona Apple's but they write good lyrics nonetheless. I love the way they write about teenage angst, love, lust and so forth. That said, I suggest you get this album A.S.A.P. If you can only get one CD this Christmas, get THIS one! JUST GET THIS ALBUM!

That said, if you want to know more about the band and their music and tour dates, check out their website http://www.thekooks.co.uk

This band is one to watch out for as I think they are going to be BIG! I look forward to their 2nd album and I hope it will make me go 'Ooh La'.



Forgive me, but i JUST HAD TO embed this video so i can show you my future lover. Yes. I know.

2 comments:

Eli James said...

I'm rolling my eyes so hard my eyeballs are doing revolutions in their sockets.

Yep, nice song (every one you put up are so happy!). And your future husband better beware of christmas from now on.

Teehee.

Sam said...

This is Trolleywood all over again...

>.>"