Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Excuse me?

I find it weird that for a English-and-not-so-good-at-Chinese speaking person, my mom called up a Chinese instructor which spoke nothing else but mandarin and very little BM. Even broken BM also limited. Imagine the language gap! It is required for the instructor to pick up the student for every lesson. For me, my time with the instructor during the long ride to the driving center were mostly silent. It gets really frustrating every time he tries to talk to me because 50% of the time I don't even understand what's coming out of his mouth. I can speak a little bit of mandarin but apparently my limited knowledge of the Chinese language will not suffice for a conversation with this guy. I would go "ha?" or just fire blank shots at his questions hoping I spoke correctly. At first, I told my mom that it should be okay to put me with a Chinese speaking instructor. In my mind I thought that this was something I could handle and would be good practice for me. If there was a problem, I could always switch to second gear, BM. Oh boy how wrong I was. Now I'll be bearing the weight of my decision in the coming driving lessons. *sigh* bite me...

1 comment:

Aquavires said...

*cringe*

God bless you! Good luck with your lessons...